Saturday, August 18, 2012

Classic BOOGA


Here's the comp art for one of my old t-shirts. It was printed on a black shirt and was a very limited run.

Why's that you ask?

Well, my local shirt vendor (who I have never used again and had nothing to do with previous and subsequent Sam & Max shirts which were implemented in a entirely professional fashion) made the whole process more difficulty than you would think necessary.

 The main offense was that he cut the original art into pieces to create the screens. When I protested, his response was, "Well you said you have a lot of those drawings!" I ended up screaming in his face which is very unlike me and his ultimate comment was "I think you're just one of those people who can't be pleased." Rather than leave with nothing I cut the order to the bone and sold the shirts with the caveat that they "have enough ink on them to stop a bullet".

 People seemed to like the idea of the shirt, though. And I've thought about re-releasing it with revised printing. Maybe the image huge on a light shirt or lose the crashy hole concept from it or age it so it looks like it's been washed many times since the 80's? Working on some new ideas as well but, what do you think? Would you consider wearing some version of this?

27 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would in a heartbeat, because I could protect that heartbeat with the shirt. I would also love a shirt with Mary Mother of God in a sidecar wearing chocolate skivvies and a lobster bib.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still got mine, it saved my life more than once in Oakland...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would! It would look like Max is jumping out of my chest! Worth the price.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps some shattered ribs around the edges to indicate that Max has, in fact, erupted from my abdominal cavity ...?

    I would definitely wear this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found an old one on a t shirt at Goodwill.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually went to my local print shop to make myself a Sam and Max shirt, mostly due to the lack of official clothing. If you made a shirt with this picture on it, I'd gladly buy it mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would prefer the Rat Gat, but ANY Sam and/or Max shirts would be welcomed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That would be tremendous on a white shirt. I'd buy that for a dollar (or $19).

    ReplyDelete
  10. And you even ask?! =D
    That t-shirt would be great! I also like a lot the idea of a washed/old print thingie...

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you released this as a women's shirt, on white, I'd buy one for every day of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anything except the faux-80s look. Retro hipster crap has no place in Sam and Max.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is really good idea! I would like to buy one.

    http://cs317419.userapi.com/v317419571/58d4/VdHwPDuVV54.jpg a little bit photoshoped version. Hope the author is not against it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'd love the original black shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have mine, from the Comic Book Box! I'd buy a new one in a second though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, this is relatively unrelated, but I couldn't find a "contact me" link on the page and wanted to share. At Dragon*Con in Atlanta over Labor Day weekend, my wife and I costumed as Sam & Max! Every person who recognized the costumes was simultaneously pleased with themselves for having recognized it (most referenced the LucasArts game) and excited that we actually did it. I have a few pictures of us on my Flickr account, if you want to post these, we'd be thrilled!

    Sam & Max 1
    Sam & Max 2
    Sam & Max 3
    Sam & Max with bonus TARDIS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet Jebus, yes! I think it looks great on black, but whatever you choose, I will buy the hell out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pretty cool :\

    I would wear it. :o

    But without the words, because I don't like words on shirts :<

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maybe not this specific design, but Sam & Max shirts? Yes, please! :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd buy these in bulk if it happens!
    (Black or white would be good as default color, but whatever fits.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'd buy the shirts, heck I feel like drawing art myself and making an iron-on transfer shirt :D (is late to the fandom party).

    ReplyDelete