Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Road Trip


Sam & Max is frequently about travel and for awhile I was fascinated by the artifacts that people would bring back from Mexico. At the time, not having been there myself, I went through a stretch where I enjoyed acquiring and depicting crudely stuffed iguanas and dead cane toads.

This drawing was done as a convention sketch. I included it in one of the Sam & Max sketchbooks but here it is in queasy glorious color to wash over your incredibly thankful eyeballs. Pen and Colored Pencil 8 1/2X11

7 comments:

  1. You'd like Mexico, Steve. It's been called "the most surrealist country in the world" :D

    AAah mariachi frogs! And mezcal with worms. And salted crickets... no wait, it's still dancing.

    If you ever want something from down here, consider me your dealer, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you said "at the time, not having been there myself" - does that mean you've been there by now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could see Sam & Max doing a world tour of sorts. All the crazy stuff they'd get up to globe-trotting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So THAT'S where they got those mariachi frogs from!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steve, you are to blame for the fact that I am looking at 3 Mariachi frogs on my desk right now. Made a friend bring me it back from Mexico.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's sam drinking? I can hardly imagine him drunk ahah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is sam's hand there for the hell of it, or does this take place seconds before he steals & eats Max's frog?

    ReplyDelete